My Acne Regimen

I would like to open our first official post for Acne Oasis with a personal regimen that seems to be working for me.

Who here has been enticed by the media claiming to finally get rid of your acne for good? I, like many others fall to such advertisements because of the desparity to find a solid solution, one that works and not just a short term solution. We place our faith into these products only to realize that the promise that has been made does not work to our expectations, or maybe it just doesn't work for us? Name any acne product from prescription grade, to over the coutner, and I have probably tried it.

Sorry for the long opening, but I feel its necessary for people to understand where I am coming from and why I decided to do the regimen that I do today. I have gone to a dermatologist for approximately 2 years. I was very hopeful to find a solution, I figured its a certified doctor, if anyone can help me its a dermatologist. I could not have been more wrong. To make the long story short, my dermatologist basically prescribed every type of topical medication as well as every type of pills you can think of. I had a incident one night where the room would not stop spinning, and I have never had problems like that before. I figured it was a side effect of the minocyclin, the acne medication I was taking at the time. I consulted my dermatologist, and he basically just said that he would take me off the pills and put me on some other pills. It was at that point where I was fed up with my doctor. I felt he was not interested in my pursuit to find a solution for my acne, rather he was more interested in getting me out of the clinic so I can return later with the same problem so he can bank at my expense.

To say the least, I have stopped going to my dermatologist and have tried a less evasive approach to acne. I have done some research as to the cause of acne, but of course nothing is set in stone when it comes to acne. Through my personal experiences, I was tired of how acne medication was so harsh to my skin, it always felt burnt, or peeling, or every type of skin irratation you can think of. So I decided to cut off all types of acne medicated products, by that I mean anything that contained benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid.

So with that, here is my acne regimen that seems to work for me.

I have taken a very basic approach to the treatment of my acne. Its a 4 step system that requires very little time and effort, with virtually no irratation at all, for me at least. The products that I use is as follows:

1. A wash cloth, any wash cloth will do.
2. Noxzema face wash, or any face wash that isn't drying, preferably a face wash with moisturizing agents.
3. Aveeno daily moisturizer with spf 15.

Here are the steps I follow 2 times daily:

1. Moisten face with warm water, the warmer the better.
2. Use the wash cloth to gently exfoliate your face, do so in a circular motion with relatively firm pressure.
3. Dry your face off completely with a clean towel.
4. Apply adequate mositurizer to your face, this is important even to those who have oily skin, this is necessary because exfoliation may dry out your skin, so you must return the moisture your skin has lost.

I know what most of you are probably thinking its too simple to possibly work. While I make no claims this will work for anyone, it has helped me clear up to a point where I am happy with myself, and isn't that whats important? Rather than bashing in my regimen, please add your own experiences with what helped you, or what didn't help you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

acne regime

Here's some useful info on acne regime which you might be looking for. The url is:
http://www.acnetreatment1.com/

11:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, the information found on this site is through personal research. If you misuse the information provided by this site, I hold no resposibility for any side effects or injury that you may experience, this is not limited to itching, burning, drying, peeling, and scarring of your skin.

Powered by Blogger